Huge iOS 17 update! New ink tooks, handwriting to text, PDF & text editing, ePub reader with annotation, new papers & templates, AI Assistant & more! Install it for free now!
What’s new in Notes Writer?
- Use advanced 7 Ink tools to write and sketch in Scribble notes: Marker, Pen, Pencil, Mono-line, FountainPen, Watercolour and Crayon. (iOS 17 only)
- We've added a full-text search feature for multiple PDF documents in your local library. Now you can find words or phrases across multiple PDF documents simultaneously! Just tap the search button on the bottom toolbar to use this feature.
- Long tap on any point of a PDF page to add images, stamps, text, signatures or audio recordings!
- Improves ink annotation rendering to avoid artefacts at line ends.
- The AI Assistant has been improved and will now automatically provide answers in the language of the user's keyboard.
- New handwriting to text converter! New "Convert" option allows you to effortlessly convert your handwritten notes on PDF to text and share them across documents and applications. You can either use the "Scissors" lasso tool to select a specific text or select the entire page and use the "Convert Handwriting" option to automatically convert it.
- Add your personal book collection to the new full-featured ePub reader, annotate them, and utilise AI technology to summarise, explain, or expand the content.
- AI Assistant! We've introduced a new GPT-powered AI Assistant. Experience the future of note-taking and writing! (Only available on Pro.)
- New template chooser. More than 250 free and ready to use templates for you!
This new free update includes a wide range of new features, improvements, and fixes, including:
- The latest update to Notes Writer includes a new type of document, called Outline. This new feature allows you to create and edit outline notes using a powerful outliner engine. With this addition, Notes Writer is now the most versatile note-taking app, supporting PDF, Text, Rich Text, Markdown, Scribble, and Outline documents.
- Full compatibility with iOS 16 and iPadOS 16.
- The ability to read entire documents or selected text in more than 150 high-quality text-to-speech voices through the fixed Read Aloud and Speak features.
- Improved resolution in clips created with the Scissors tool in PDFs and the addition of a new "border" feature that generates a white background with a frame around the clip image.
- The ability to add tables, nested lists, checklists, and more to your Text documents.
- "Live Text" OCR, which allows you to scan printed text from physical documents directly into Notes Writer documents.
- Desktop-class iPad app features such as the new navigation bar customisation and Stage Manager support.
- A redesigned iPad UI with new menus and improved icons.
- Quick access to your "Favourite" documents.
- An improved PDF Reader Mode with direct and quick access to actions like search, bookmark, highlight, etc.
- A fully redesigned iPhone user interface that is faster and more powerful.
- Improved Arabic language localisation and Right-to-Left UI layout for more RTL languages.
- Fixes for French and German localisation issues.
- Improved Rich Text annotation boxes on PDFs.
- Improved Undo/Redo UI button locations.
- Fixes for minor bugs and improved performance.